Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pumpkins, Pinterest, and Project Runway

Being in a new place AND having a new baby somehow brought a whole new excitement for the holiday season.  So we started off with a bang, pumpkin hunting at Linder Farms.


We have officially be in our house for about a month and a week, so we decided to have a little "Haunted" Housewarming. We've never been big into Halloween, but for me, any party is an excuse to consult the gods of Pinterest. And what they supplied was spooktacular.

Pumpkin Patch dirt cups,
Mummy's tomb cake pops,
and Graveyard brownies.

THANK YOU FOR THAT SUGAR HIGH. Wheeeeeee.

Another idea we tried was an ice hand in a punch bowl. Basically you just freeze water in a glove, float it in red punch, and voila---  a shivers-down-the-back party drink.

No where did it say that it was so difficult to peel the glove off the ice with no finger casualties.

Some of the fingers came off as I was removing the casing, so I just shrugged and plopped it in the bowl.
The next time I looked over, there was only one finger remaining on the hand, and I'll give you one guess as to which one it was.
Not gonna post a picture because I'm pretty positive my mother is the main reader of this blog.

Kudos to Bryan for coming up with our party games, Bean Boozled and The Whisper Game.

Bryan and I really planned ahead on our costumes. We spent since last Halloween sketching them out, picking fabric, doing fittings.

...
Thats a lie. We were winging it a couple days before all our Halloween activities but narrowed it down in time to throw everything together. Thrifty as we are, there was no way we were buying whole outfits at overpriced Halloween stores, so,

Me + minimal sewing experience + one day + our ideal costumes in mind =
basically a mini episode of Project Runway. I could hear Tim Gunn's voice in my head telling me it was a make it work moment.

Here's what our first Halloween looked like with our Jen!



Did I mention how proud I am of those homemade parts of our costumes? :D
  
Now I am just even more excited for the rest of the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment