The 22nd (Friday) I had work off for grade transmittal (I LOVE MY JOB!!) - so I could focus on getting better from the cold symptoms that were still hanging on - I mean, a speech therapist with no voice?
No bueno.
Our stroller and car seat arrived that morning. I'm obsessed with them and how I was able to find such a good deal on them! Thanks Mom for the Christmas money that paid for them! :)
Saturday morning was my Baby Shower!! Thank you to Dena, Emily, and Kristalyn, and my Mom for all your hard work, making the amazing food, and just the love you showed to us. It means the world.
![]() |
| Hot chocolate bar? My childhood dream come true. Wish I had this in my kitchen every single day. |
| Guess how big around for the tummy.. Hilarious. Kudos to Maralee for getting it spot on. |
| Some of my graduate cohort! Love them! |
| Work it, Chels. |
I am so blown away by how generous everyone was. And it was so great to see so many people come and want to give love to the still-in-tummy little lady. I still had a croaky-cold voice and I was super itchy all day long (see previous post) but I got to catch up with so many good friends.
The most meaningful part of the whole shower was when I opened my Mom's gift last. She gave some baby clothes, but they were wrapped in..... a blanket from Bethlehem. My parents had bought it for me when we lived there 22 years ago and saved it for my baby.
Waterworks.
I was so emotional about this gift. It was like a gift to my child from my father.
It was such a special moment, I'm so glad I saved it for last--not even knowing what was inside.
All my coworkers threw me a baby shower the following Friday - my last day of work! I didn't really get pictures, but it was so sweet of them and once again baby was spoiled by all of the great people I work with. I was so elated going through baby's things and looking at the toys, well, playing with the toys... and reading her books! Thank you thank you everyone!
Continued here.

No comments:
Post a Comment