Friday, July 11, 2014

This Beautiful Life

Family. Friends.

Bringing you some exciting news here--twofold! 

Nope, no little ones yet. Sorry! ;) 

1. I am working as a Speech-Language Pathologist for Jordan School District this upcoming fall. YES! SOOOO GREAT! But I am nervous as all goodness. Even though I griped about not having the opportunity to work full-time as an SLP in DC, the experience I did gain from working for the SPARKS Group, an autism therapy organization, segwayed into working at this school. The job search and decision process is always a challenge, but I feel hopeful about making a difference there.

So when I come back to Utah this week for my lovely friend Allie's wedding, I get to find us a place to live in the Salt Lake Valley. Aaaahhhh! Suggestions? Muchas Gracias. 

2. I created this blog for the purpose of not overloading our little family blog here with too much of my side hobby. So I apologize in advance. But if you aren't already aware, I am in love with flowers. And I have been putting together designs for just a few family and friends' special events for almost two years now. I worked for a floral shop. Then I interned with one of the most amazing florists in Utah - Melissa Nickle with Blossom Sweet. I have only come to love it even more. You know you have found something really for you when it's what you think about in the shower, going to sleep at night, while pouring your cereal...
And then there are these quotes: (thank you Pinterest)
dreams"The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling." - Fabienne Fredrickson #quote
Well, you all, flowers are it for me. And I am so thrilled to have some opportunities coming up to expand this hobby into something more.

Meaning - a business. Eeeeeeeekk. That feels so strange to type!

So, nothing much will change actually - I'll still be here to do the flowers for events per your request, but it will just be a little more official.

I just had to type it out so it feels real.

And to celebrate, here are some of my favorite flowers from the past two years. Then, I will leave this to be on the other blog. Promise.
Starting where it all began...

No comments:

Post a Comment