My mind. is going to. explode.
There is so much to see here, my eyes, feet, and brain are all kinds of tired.
But I am loving every minute of this city life.
Here's the rundown of today, in picture form.
The Washington Monument is still under earthquake repair. Apparently when they check for damage, they rappel down the sides of the monument. Sign me up.
Museum of Natural History (Henry's Hideout)
(The elephant is Henry. Useless but interesting fact)
I have this thing for giraffes. Maybe it's because when I was little, I used to have a pretty long neck for the rest of my body. So I just get them, I guess.
You are still loved, little Kiwi bird.
And our dinosaur personalities were also discovered at this point in the journey. Worth mentioning.
We touched a piece of Mars, ogled at the Hope Diamond, oh and - I found an animal that must be somehow related to Bryan and which helped me solve the mystery of his vacuum eating ability. This animal has three stomachs for lightening quick digestion, all while managing to be cute. The Colobus, folks.
Last but not least, we were enlightened as to how we would look as Neanderthals or early Homo Sapiens..
Which is pretty dashing, I think.
Ten points to Gryffindor if you can tell who is who.
For future entertainment, you can do this on a free app called Meanderthal. You're welcome.
And now it's time for...
Finds of the day:
That is every bit as real as it looks. What a waste of good candy.. since of course the outline around these creepy crawlies is not edible.
Notebooks made out of elephant poop.
I was sorely tempted.. you know, for those moments you just need to write down some really crappy ideas.
(sorry mom, I know you raised me to be more cultured than that)
So I will save it for a little later.
Until then, much love.
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment